November 28, 2018

Etsy

I still run my Etsy shop.  My latest sale was of this  5x7 "Black Cat" painting.  Of course Jenny was my model and I've done a few of her.  
Etsy has changed a lot since I started in late 2014.  The company has grown and is now even doing commercials on TV.  Some of it's positive, but not all.  When I first got onto it they were doing almost all hand made creations . Now they are a global company and sell everything.  That makes it hard for people to 'find' you on the site. 
I first looked into it in 2008, and then for a few months stayed there. But opted out and didn't go back seriously until Dec. '14 . 
I still sell regularly. I try to keep at least 50 pieces in there at any given time, but right now needing to catch up.   That means I better get a move on.  

 

3 comments:

  1. Your cat painting is beautiful!
    I started at Etsy in 2008, and left a short while ago because of all the changes about how you get paid. There were other reasons too-and I hated to see the handmade aspect of it go down the drain. It is a beautiful site though, and rates so high in that kind of a site to sell-BUT-it's gotten so huge-like you say, it's a bit of a challenge to get seen. It can be done though, with some social networking, etc. You are fortunate you have a following. I got my start in being in the Stampington magazines there-so I have nothing to complain about. I also met lots of nice poeple there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, thanks Debra your right about it. Not the same as it was 10 years ago. but as long as I sell once in a while I can't complain. I'm still ahead of the game..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great painting, Barbra Joan. I think black cats are especially hard!
    I have thought about trying Etsy--I have so many paintings--it just seems like a lot of work! But at least you sell!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment. They are very much appreciated.