November 17, 2018

Good News ! Bad News !

Ok bad stuff first... my desktop has a terminal illness, in fact it was fatal.  The computer that I've blogged on, website, Etsy, not to mention thousands of photos, all my art work, everything. I panicked at first until I was able to recall everything on a small tablet. But I now need a new one more reliable than this "toy" I'm on now. 

But the good news is that my painting I exhibited in the "Insiders Art" here in Tallahassee has gotten "The Peoples Choice Award" . This was the first piece that I've shown since I got to Tallahassee almost three years ago. 
AND yesterday I won enough on a scratch off ticket  to get a nice new laptop. 
So yesterday was a good day for me. 





10 comments:

  1. Congratulations on both wins, Barbra Joan! I love the delicacy of this painting. Good luck in your hunt for a new computer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Happy, happy days, Barbra Joan! It shows that people in Tallahassee have very good taste, and that you have come into a new season of very good things :)
    Congrats!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, a very good day.
    Congratulaions on the award. It's a beautiful painting, very sensitively done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bonjour,

    Toutes mes félicitations pour cet honneur !...
    Ah ! les ordinateurs nous rendent parfois un peu fous !

    Gros bisous

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good days are the best! Like an early Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful work-congratulations!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now BJ that is wonderful news...truly off sets the bad. Congratulations on both wins my friend. Take care and happy shopping for a new lap top. Hope you have a blessed Thanksgiving. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment. They are very much appreciated.