October 27, 2018

So This is Savannah !

Spent my birthday in Savannah, Ga.  A big old Southern town with so much history and places to visit. 
 Very old mansions, beautiful 200 year old oak trees and every thing is built around  'Squares'.
 It's home to SCAD ...Savannah College of Art and Design.
Very artsy, art students everywhere.  
Little walled in courtyards, tons of plants and green stuff.
This is a good time of year to go there, perfect weather.
 Restaurants, cafes, and great hotels.. Then there's City Market, River Street for shopping.
So many places you can paint.. Lamp posts, interesting architecture.  I was there four ? years ago and always wanted to go back.. So I did.  My first cousin Joanne flew to Savannah and I drove up from Florida.. 
And since she's from up north we had to visit Tybee Island a beach town across the river... So the Tybee Lighthouse.

7 comments:

  1. Happy birthday, Barbra Joan! Can't think of a better place to celebrate! Gorgeous photos - hope to see more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well-all I can say is that I've GOT to go there. I've never been much of anywhere, and I really have an itch to spend some time in some artsy towns. I hope you'll show some of your work. Safe travels!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Debra you would love that little city.. I find it special .

    ReplyDelete
  4. BJ - Happy belated birthday friend. It looks like you had a lovely spot to celebrate. Hope you travel safe going back home. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you my friend. yes, another birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow a wonderful birthday to you BJ. What a gorgeous place. I have never been there. Sending you a hug and love,

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment. They are very much appreciated.