October 30, 2018

From Monet To Matisse


This was the exhibit at the Jepson Museum in Savannah while I was there... An exhibit of Monet, Matisse and everything in between.  Renoir, Cassat, Sargeant, Van Gogh It was so impressive to see them up 'close and personal' as the saying goes..
This one above is a Matisse, and here's a few more including Renoir's Storybook .  
 If you think I haven't seen many original impressionist paintings then you would be right.  And I loved every minute there.


And the Riverboat on the Savannah River at night. My phone camera is not that clear from the 9th floor, but the sight was spectacular.
And this one below
was from my cousins IPhone so a good clear photo right after it passed.
I think any artist would love the city of Savannah.  So, Whats not to like ???

10 comments:

  1. Hi Barbra Joan! I've really enjoyed the pictures you've shared from your trip. It's one part of the country that I've always wanted to visit. Now, even more since seeing and hearing about it from you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I love Savannah!! So much to see and, for an artist, a beautiful city.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What's not to LOVE :}
    Thanks for the great photos, Barbra Joan!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my....thinking maybe we should check it out as a place to retire to in a few years....

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad you all liked the photos... And I'd go back tomorrow..

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm g;ad you enjoyed your time. We stayed a day and night in Savannah years ago on our way to Panama...the most magical city I've passed through. Would be lovely to visit again.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear BJ what a wonderful experience to visit such a great art museum. I certainly understand how different it is to see those famous paintings up close. Gosh your photos of Savannah make me want to go there. Hope you have a lovely day. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great trip! Beautiful works of art. There's something about a riverboat all lit up at night - gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can feel your excitement Barbra! Understandable, thanks for sharing these lovely pictures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Padmaja, yes it was a special day ..

      Delete

Thank you for your comment. They are very much appreciated.