April 20, 2019

Moving Forward

Whenever I haven't painted for a while, I have to move slowly back into it, and that's what I did this morning.. From some photos I took when I went to Savannah,  really Tybee Island.  
They are small … 5x7's, but I was comfortable painting them. 


And BTW if you ever come to Florida this is the best time of the year. It couldn't be better than April/May.. Sunshine, no heat, no humidity. 
Beautiful blue skies, and everything is bloomin'.. 
OK, that's my work for the Chamber of Commerce.  LOL !!!  




8 comments:

  1. Perfect little scenes, a good way to get your feet wet, so to speak.
    I experience the same thing: it takes a while for me to feel confident with the paint again. You think I'd learn my lesson and avoid long haituses, but no!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Laura, me too. But it happens a couple times a year..

      Delete
  2. Beautiful painting! Ok, I’ll go pack my bag, I’m coming ! Lol,,,,

    ReplyDelete
  3. Laurie, yup, this is the time...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the little paintings, Barbra Joan. Thank you for the tip. We've been to Florida once. We want to return one day. It's a beautiful place.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the visit, Candy...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your paintings are so fresh and nicely done no matter the size. I agree April and May are the best although we start to get hot here in southern Florida in May but not humid, yet.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These paintings make me want to walk right into them!
    And thanks for the tip about Florida. Haven't been there for years, but I wouldn't mind going back sometime - sometime in April/May.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment. They are very much appreciated.