June 3, 2019

WIP

Starting  a new series? of paintings.  This is the first one, a WIP but almost finished.  
Watercolor , 18x24" .   




Although some issues with it, I'm plodding on and hope to resolve them.     I know what it is I don't like about my work, I try too hard, but don't know how to go any other way.   

P.S. I did some fix on it and have reposted the second pic.   Although I rarely do a painting more than once , I will do this one again.. I'm a glutton for punishment .                                                      

10 comments:

  1. It's amazing, Barbra Joan, but I know exactly what you mean. We critique ourselves harder than a stranger would...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Chris, your right about the self critiques..

      Delete
  2. Wonderful painting, Barbra Joan! I love the pose, the limited palette, and the placement on the page!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow BJ - I love her...you are such an artist - friend. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Debbie. so glad you came by.
      hugs back to you.

      Delete
  4. Yes, Barbra Joan! It was worth the wait! By the way, summer has hit here:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It’s a beautiful composition, beautiful painting,

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment. They are very much appreciated.