March 4, 2019

My Other Obsession ~ Paper

The only thing that keeps me from painting is my passion for paper.
I love making themed-art journals, different sizes, papers, ephemera and the only common thread is I like them to look old , worn, and vintage. Here are a few I'm working on right now. The art one is my personal little book and was made a while back. 
Right now I'm working on the Nature . 

And some pages from the Nature one I'm working on right now.

And a teeny tiny one. All packed into less than 3" square.
That's it for now, letting you know I'm here, I'm doin' my 
thing.  And many thanks for stopping by. 
 





8 comments:

  1. A very healthy addiction, Barbra Joan :) They are thoughtful and gorgeous!!
    I follow "Nik the Booksmith" on YouTube. Since you love making journals, you might really enjoy her stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Chris, I do follow her and many, many others. What would we do without You Tube??

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your books! Now I want to learn book making! Just what I need, another project! But I do have a lot of that kind of paper for when I was making folded photo albums. Now everyone has pictures on flash drives or in the cloud.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jan, I've been doing these on and off for about 20 years. I had no way to learn, but now there's so many videos to help you.

      Delete
  4. I was just thinking about you! So glad you posted. Your books are pure lovliness!
    I also dab in making books, but mine aren't very pretty (yet). Sometimes I have trouble following instructions, so the different stitching patterns have been a challenge for me. Maybe I'll get brave and show some of mine some day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Debra, don't worry about following instructions.. and besides you've always done ' your own thing'

      Delete
  5. Barbra Joan, these are really cool! Great ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Seem to always be playing catch up with your posts. Always love your journal ideas. I've begun working on an 8" square chipboard book with 6 pages, so lots of dimension can be added to the pages. It will be scrapbooking although this time will have my own art as well, so I guess it will be an art journal. It is an experiment in how creative I can get on my own. We shall see what happens :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment. They are very much appreciated.