November 12, 2015

It's Country !


After taking photos of barns and hills, from the surrounding areas,
 I decided to put together a few paintings of country settings.. Since I've not done any painting in a while I found it challenging.. However I went back to the lessons learned from the workshop I took with Joyce Hicks a year ago September.. Her basic principals, light,  dark, warm , cool and  a lot of other things I confess I can't remember.. but I enjoyed it .

 This old barn inspired me. So I tried to turn it into a house. LOL !
  

7 comments:

  1. You still got it, Barbra Joan, Nice Painting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks my friend,
      Your never far away.

      Delete
  2. BJ it looks like your new surroundings are inspiring you. Lovely painting my friend. I think the barn photo is good too. I am a sucker for barns. Hope you are enjoying a beautiful November.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, barns have a place in my heart ! lol

      Thanks Debbie

      Delete
  3. Really looks like a lovely place from your great painting. Keep on enjoying the challenge

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is precious. I love the way you did that. Wish I were nearby. Sending you a hug, love,Diana

    ReplyDelete