February 12, 2014

Strawberry Festival Art Show


 
The annual Strawberry Festival starts in 2 weeks. 
 Plant City, Florida is known for it's strawberry farms.  People come from all over to be at the festival.. Of course more than strawberries are there. It's from Feb. 27 - Mar. 9. 
Our art guild puts on an art show, which I've participated for the past 2 years and again this year.
 This year I was asked to donate a painting for the raffle which benefits a scholarship that we support.. So above is my donation. I hope it goes to a good home.. I painted it a couple years ago.. it's matted and in a 16x20" frame.
As for an entry into the judged show I'll be putting in 'Prima' the  ballerina girl. While I'm at it I'm posting another finished piece that I did recently .. (below)

A young Jamaican girl.. I believe I found the photo on Wet Canvas, one of the copyright free sites for artists.. I have another site that I use and can never remember which one .   BJ
 

8 comments:

  1. Man Girl, you are getting better and better! Charge top dollar for these, I promise they will sell faster!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jerry my dear friend, I can always count on you for those encouraging words.. Wish you were my agent.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two lovely pieces Joan! good luck with the show? Your donated painting is generous and will be a treasured prize for receiver

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two lovely 'people' paintings. Hope the show goes well. Strawberries in February - oh my!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Every piece speaks to your fine hand, Barbra Joan. I bet that donation piece sells for a handsome price too. Your latest piece is stellar and I love her expression.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are a master of painting and drawing people. The donation request says it all.

    Every time i so a piece of art of the Bay area, i think of you and wish you could be here.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful BJ good luck at the show.. I know you will do well. love and hugs,Diana

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dear BJ - what a superb portrait of the Jamaican girl. You are good my friend. I also love the little boy and girl you are donating. So beautiful and sweet too. Hope you have wonderful success at your art show. Take care.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment. They are very much appreciated.