October 31, 2013

Mixed Media




Perhaps the fact that I had a recent birthday, or something in the air, that makes me want a change..
 I paint mostly traditional watercolor. Paint, water and brush.
However, just in the past week I've gotten the urge to do watercolors with some papers, text, etc added. Mixed Media .
So this is Numero Uno .. watercolor flowers, handmade papers, text and some touches of gold .. I had no plan, ( do I ever)? just started with the delicate flowers and so on. 
Yes, think I'll play with this for a while..
I've always had my hand in making tiny journals, glue, papers and so the journey continues.. BJ

7 comments:

  1. BJ - super - love it...yes do more!! Be sure to show too. I saw it was your birthday on Facebook and put a note out there - hope you got it my friend (sorry it was late!) Lots of Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You always find a great path Barbra Joan. This is wonderful! BOO! Happy Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Barbra consiguió un hermoso resultado con su técnica mixta, buen intento!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Must be infectious Barbra, your collage work I mean, I too am intrigued by it and it is so much fun, I love this one of yours

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now this is simply beautiful, Barbra Joan! I have to do a mixed media piece myself soon and I've been agonizing over it. Would that I had thought of something like this!! I do have some homemade papers that I plan to use but no set idea...yet.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't cope with collage etc but this is lovely. Enjoy your change of media

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, BJ, this is gorgeous. That was most certainly a challenge. You never cease to amaze me, great stuff.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment. They are very much appreciated.